On this episode of the WesleyCast, we catch up on the good and bad things about prayer. What are some of the best prayers that you have heard? What are some of the worst prayers? Drew sits down for an interview with Dr. F. Belton Joyner.
In this episode of the WesleyCast,
- Drew and Evan try to do the podcast without Stephen. The outcome is not that good.
- We wrap up our conversations about Annual Conferences in 2015.
- There is a special interview with Dr. Beth Felker Jones, professor at Wheaton College. She shares about her new book, Faithful: A Theology of Sex.
In this Annual Conference edition of the WesleyCast we discuss our favorite things about Annual Conference, the Apostle Paul, and have an interview with Dr. Douglas Campbell from Duke Divinity School.
Let us know your thoughts on Paul at facebook.com/viamediamethodists
Thank you for listening to the WesleyCast
In this episode of the WesleyCast 12
- Conversations about Tom Cruise
- Looking into itinernacy
- An interview with J. Warren Smith
Follow us on twitter: @viamediaumc
Like us on facebook: facebook.com/viamediamethodists
The second season of the WesleyCast begins with a bang!
On this episode we discuss the affect of SNL on our culture and our churches and confront some of the hot topics in Methodism today.
- What does it mean to be the church in the public square?
- How can we engage the culture around us without diluting the gospel?
Help us wrestle with these questions and more. Tweet us your questions about being the church and being the witness of Christ. Lets continue these conversations through social media. How can the church be better?
This is the 10th anniversary edition of the WesleyCast and to celebrate we have a special guest interview with Rev. Adam Hamilton, Senior Pastor of the Church of the Ressurection in Leawood, KS. Rev. Hamilton talks with Via Media Methodists about a wide range of subjects in the Methodist Church today from online communion to the future of the United Methodist Church.
Thank you for all your support of the WesleyCast. Without you the listener none of this would be possible.
Here is to the next 10 episodes!
The WesleyCast welcomes you to the new year with a special episode on Slow Church.
Why are we so fascinated by megachurches and megachurch pastors? With Pastor Mark Driscoll stepping down and Mars Hill Church being disbanded and sold off, the WesleyCast brings you a lively discussion about what church could be. Who is your favorite megachurch pastor? Who would you rather never hear from again?
We offer some lessons from the megachurch and from the slow church movement.
Also in this episode is an interview with Chris Smith. @ERBks
- He tells us about his new book Slow Church: Cultivating Community in the Patient Way of Jesus" target="_blank">Slow Church and talks about the Slow movement.
- In this Advent and Christmas themed episode we discuss our favorite Christmas movies.
- We talk about the season of Advent and waiting versus instant gratification.
- We interview Steven Manskar, Director of Wesleyan Leadership at the General Board of Discipleship on what it means to be a leader in the church.
Have a blessed Advent and a merry Christmas from the WesleyCast crew.
In this episode of the WesleyCast we celebrate THANKSgiving as we talk about our favorite Tom Hanks movies. We discuss what it means to be a leader in the church today and interview Bishop Grant Hagiya.
Bishop Grant Hagiya is the bishop of the Pacific Northwest Conference of the United Methodist Church. He offers some deep insights into Wesleyan Leadership and talks about his book, Spiritual Kaizen.